Friday, September 7, 2007

T.G.I.F.


Can it be Friday already? About time I get around to blogging for this week.

Susan has been working from a hotel room in Texas this week. Annie has been vacationing in the Caribbean. JoAnne's still in new mommy mode. I'm still here, but there hasn't been anyone around to remind me to post.

Even though I thought about the blog and even logged onto the site a couple times, I still found myself at home on both Wednesday and Thursday nights suddenly remembering that I never posted a blog.

Being busy can be a good thing. It sure makes the days go quickly. And there is so much to think about these days. I'm finalizing my list of books that will be on our Fall 2008 list. I'm making preparations for ACFW conference. I working on a couple projects now that should save time and effort in the publishing process in the future.

. . .and I'm watching fall creep in. My garden is waning. The ornamental trees are browning and dropping leaves. The days are still warm, but the nights now have a nip to them.

Tomorrow -- if the rain stays away -- we'll have an old-fashioned wiener roast at my house. I've got lots to do tonight to prepare for that, but it's always fun to do.

On days when I'm feeling like life is just rushing by, I think of Isaiah 40:8: "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." I'm so thankful that we can always fall back into the arms of the Lord, for He is steadfast and unchanging.

I hope you have a blessed weekend.

(Picture of coneflowers and bees from my yard.)

3 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

My garden is wilting away, too Becky. My squash plants are done for the season but my cherry tomatoes are still producing! PTL!! I love cherry tomatoes.

Mary Connealy said...

I have been so tired of the hot, hot hot summer weather. And now...it's too cold.
A true Nebraskan makes it a point to go right from complaining about the heat to whining about the cold. If you're on your game, you can often make the switch ON THE SAME DAY.
So I've switched over on the chilly, rainy weekend, but I'm holding out a Free Pass incase it warms up again, to go back to fussing about the heat for brief periods.
The flowers were beautiful, Becky.

Kristy Dykes said...

Ooooooo, the flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for the pic.