Monday, April 23, 2007

Road Trip!

Rebecca Germany, JoAnne Simmon, and I are taking our show on the road. :-)
Tomorrow your fav editorial trio head to Taylor University in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where will we speak to Doc Hensley's Professional Writers' class. I'm frantically trying to pull my willy-nilly notes together into some semblance of order. (What was that ol' quote that's been attributed--or misattributed--to Mark Twain? Something along the lines of: "Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.") I'm not big on standing in front of people and talking. . .particularly since I have a new partial set of braces that prove a challenge to talk around. So, I'm sure I speak for the other gals when I say, prayers would be much appreciated, both for a productive 3-hour class session and for traveling safety! We'll be back in the office on Thursday. Don't create any author anarchy while we're away. sd


1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

I'm playing catch up here. Insane week.
First (this sounds dumb but it's taken SOMUCHTIME!!!!!!!!!
I bought a laptop.
there just are no words for the frustration. No words. NO WORDS. NO WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've finished a book this week, written a speech for an event tomorrow at a book festival in Brownsville, Nebraska. The LyCeum Festival, doesn't that sound important??? They actually contacted ME to come. Cool, I wonder who all will be there.
Daughter graduating from highschool, my youngest. Prom, senior breakfast, awards banquets, college visits. It just goes on and ON!
Cleaning house takes every spare minute. And there aren't enough of them. Painting, weeding, scrubbing, dusting. Is it possible I haven't done some of these things since my LAST daughter graduated? Five years ago???
My job has changed and it's completely thrown off my rhythm.
I've got my oldest daughter (oldest of four--all girls--kinda like Petticoat Ranch) engaged to be married next fall, so wedding stuff.
Mixed in with that is a full time job, I finished a book this week--book three of Petticoat Ranch saga, and now return to a half finished cozy mystery.
Plus my husband's gone to the field to plant so forget any help from there, in fact he NEEDS help.
Anyway, I haven't kept up with a lot of things, including this blog and I've missed it.