- Woke up feeling ill and got here late (9:30)
- Worked on an issue received through email
- Meeting with fiction editors
- Gathered 4 pages of notes and facts for a meeting
- Lunch with the girls
- Printing and photocopying notes
- Meeting of the whole editorial team
- Meeting with my two superiors about what tools I need to better do my job in acquiring full-length fiction in 2007
- Typing up notes from the meetings
I wanted to read a manuscript today, but never touched it. I wanted to reply to 2 proposals today, but didn't even open the emails. I wanted to return a phone call, but missed the window of connection.
Anyone else ever feel helpless when you set goals for a day but have other things swoop in and demand your attention away from them? Before you know it, all the hours of the day are gone.
There is always tomorrow. . .
Here's wishing you time to reach your goals.