I’m going to enter our office. Here are a few reasons why:
- While Paul took a vacation day yesterday to celebrate his birthday, some merry “elves” said “Happy Birthday, Mr. Scrooge!” by spreading some early Christmas cheer throughout his office with wrapping paper, bows, tinsel, and other festive trimmings.
- On my birthday a couple months ago, I arrived at work to find that everything that possibly could be was turned upside down—my desk chair, calendars, candy dish, knickknacks, and every single book on my shelves, including over 300 Heartsongs! I have yet to get them all turned right-side-up….
- On her birthday, Emily from marketing discovered a white-out in her cubicle—made of layers and layers of toilet paper.
- Michele was “foiled” on her birthday. Everything in her cubicle was wrapped in aluminum foil.
- When our not-so-animal-crazy assistant managing editor, Annie, was on vacation for a week, we bought her a little stuffed dog and named him Pedro. We hoped Pedro might help Annie discover a hidden love for pets. Then we filled Annie’s cube with all the essential accessories for a first-time pet owner: a puppy bed, food and water dishes, chew toys, even a training pad complete with a Mountain Dew puddle and…uh…something else (made from a very “realistic” looking mixture of apple butter and flour. Ew!).
- Thanks to a great idea by Peterson Ink, I have a U.S. map on my wall that helps keep track of what state settings I need to fill. If you look closely at the map you will also see a cutout image of a man’s face that frequently moves from state to state—sometimes even into southern Canada or northern Mexico! The face is “Kirkio”, (no relation to Fabio), and he travels the U.S. creating exciting plots for Heartsongs. “Kirkio” has also appeared on a mock cover of a Heartsong, along with his true love, Kelly, our Senior Managing Editor.
Oh yeah, and keep your fingers crossed that we win the contest. I sure am...but only for the fame and glory that will ensue.
I don't really like nuts. :P
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. . . . The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:2–