Friday, February 26, 2010

Feedback Friday

Today's feedback came in a letter from a reader who enjoyed Rhode Island Weddings by Joyce Livingston. He said, "All three of these stories were a real blessing to my wife and myself.... I am realizing one of the greatest growth factors in our marriage is when I nightly read Christian novels aloud to my wife of 44 years. The challenges of Christ-likeness in these fictional characters inspire and motivate me to allow the Holy Spirit to search and cleanse carnality from my old flesh and admire and desire to be like Him and allow Him to change me. Thank God for gifted, godly authors who are so used of God to minister to us."

How cool is that, that this man reads our books aloud to his wife to strengthen their relationships with each other and with Jesus? That's very romantic, too. :)

8 comments:

Aaron McCarver said...

Wow, that is very cool! In fact, JoAnne, you need to have Joyce make this a part of her next romance, a hero who reads HP romances to his heroine!

Erica Vetsch said...

That is VERY romantic. Forty-four years. Wow.

Debby Mayne said...

What a sweet man!

And I love Aaron's idea! What a heroic thing for a man to read romances to the woman he loves!

Shannon Taylor Vannatter said...

That is so beautiful. What a hero?

Anonymous said...

Be still my heart! I can only dream of my husband reading romances aloud to me one day!

Carrie Turansky said...

Oh, I loved that letter! How sweet to hear he reads to his wife after 44 years! Thanks for sharing this with us!

CatMom said...

Wow! He must be a precious man, and their marriage must be so special and strong. ~ Thanks for sharing this. Blessings, Patti Jo

Carla Gade said...

That is so special!