- I’m finally feeling like I’m back into a good routine. A LOT had piled up in my email inbox after a week off for Christmas and then another two days off for New Year’s, so it was a little overwhelming to get back in the swing of things. How about you? Was it hard to get back to work after all the fun and chaos of the holidays?
- I’m curious if anyone got (or maybe gave?) a Kindle for Christmas? A good friend from our small group bought one for his fiancée, and she was sure thrilled! I also had a couple people ask me about mine at my OB appointment on Monday. One of the docs even stopped to chat about it, saying she’s tempted to get one but she loves going to book stores and checking out all the “real” books and covers and shopping for and reading books the normal way. I agreed that it’s definitely a different experience to buy and read from a Kindle, but I like having regular books and e-books, too. And mostly I just use my Kindle for work, when I’m reviewing new Heartsongs or reading proposals and possible new acquisitions. It’s wonderful to have manuscripts so portable when I’m waiting places like the doctor’s office, and I love saving (and not toting around) that stack of paper!
- All seemed fine at my doctor’s appointment, and we are excitedly awaiting the arrival of our second baby girl sometime around March 30th. Only 12 weeks to go. Time is flying.
- Have you checked out the new Heartsong Connection blog? It’s up and running! Check it out and be sure to participate.
- This past Sunday, our pastor told us our new theme for church this year, “God Can in Twenty Ten!” So simple, so true, and so encouraging. I hope that you, too, are confident that God is able to do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine in 2010 (Ephesians 3:20)!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
This and That in the New Year
I just have some random bullets today for my first blog of 2010:
Editor Du Jour JoAnne