Here’s a bulleted list with bits of info I’m thinking about on this Friday morning:
- Many of you asked at ACFW what’s next after the states theme for Heartsong. I’ll reference you back to my post from August 8 again because it’s pretty much the same thing I’d say today plus a little more info on collection titling coming up in bullet number 2.
- We are still publishing the 3-in-1 collections in our Romancing America line, however, we’ve changed the titling approach and will no longer be using the state name plus “brides” or "weddings” in the title. Now we’re aiming for short titles with romantic words that also represent the state or region of at least one of the stories in the group.
- Bullet number 2 means that wedding scenes aren’t absolutely necessary in Heartsongs anymore, but of course that doesn’t mean we now want breakup scenes at the end! These are still romance books, and we do want to know that the hero and heroine will have a “happily ever after.”
- The state settings I’m still open to submissions for are: Contemporary Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, Washington; and Historical Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Mississippi, New Jersey, South Carolina, Vermont
- Bullet numbers 1 through 4 are all subject to change, but we’ll keep you posted if they do.
- I have a HUGE stack of reader mail I’d like get through today. Seems like a good Friday project.
- Remember how nice and neat my workspace looked in the picture I posted awhile ago? Not so much anymore.
That's it! Happy weekend!