I don't feel like blogging today.
After spending all day in a dark conference room, staring at a Power Point screen, my brain and eyes are tired. I need to go get some fresh air and sunlight.
Today the editors presented the books on our spring 2009 list to the primary staff members from Sales and Marketing. We get to iron out some details on these books now before we create a live catalog, but some of the Sales team will start selling these books right after ICRS.
It keeps us busy always working ahead.
So in light of being short on brain power this afternoon, I've borrowed a list from Robin Lee Hatcher's blog of auto replies that you might see in your email box some day. Honestly, sometimes when I'm feeling email overload, #2 and #4 would be tempting auto replies to use. Just for fun, because I wouldn't delete anything important, of course. [Insert wicked grin.] But for this afternoon, I think I'll just use #9.
1. I am currently out of the office at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Please be prepared for my mood.
2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldnʼt have received anything at all.
3. Sorry to have missed you, but Iʼm at the doctorʼs having my brain and heart removed so I can be promoted to our management team.
4. I will be unable to delete all the emails you send me until I return from vacation. Please be patient, and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
5. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first 10 words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.
6. The email server is unable to verify your server connection. Your message has not been delivered. Please restart your computer and try sending again.
7. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
8. Hi, Iʼm thinking about what youʼve just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
9. Iʼve run away to join a different circus.
(And for your viewing pleasure, a random sunrise picture from my yard -- before the leaves were out in full.)