Friday, November 16, 2007

Traveling this Season?

I've spent a few Thanksgivings in Loveland, Colorado, visiting my siblings there, but this year we'll be staying in good old Ohio. We'll feast with Doug's family first for the noon meal, then "waddle" over to my parents' house for another round of turkey and all the fixings with my fam. Of course it's Jodi's first Thanksgiving. Not that it makes any difference to her at this age, but she'll join in the festivities with her big, gummy grins and loud squeals of delight--her newest thing; she's really found her voice the last couple weeks!

What about you? Are you traveling anywhere this season? How many of you writers out there can't go anywhere without your laptops? I know I like to take mine along, even if it is a pain to pack and lug around. If you are traveling with your computer this season, check out this article on Yahoo.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

JoAnne, I know I very deliberately have left my laptop behind for the ACFW conference. I was afraid I'd just go to my room and answer emails and write when I should be out meeting people and learning things. I know myself too well!

Beth Loughner said...

How exciting for Jodi and your family. This is a year of "firsts" for everything she can experience.

This will be the first time in many years that we are staying home and not traveling to PA or WV for Thanksgiving. We are having some of my family over for the Big Turkey and all the fixings.

Now I don't have to worry about the laptop issue. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Beth

Rhonda Gibson said...

This year my children and grandbaby are here with us for Thanksgiving. This is Atty's, my grandbaby's, first Thanksgiving. She will be a year old come the 30th of this month and will get to sample several new dishes.

Happy Thanksgiving JoAnne! Enjoy this first year of firsts :)

Mary Connealy said...

We had our first Thanksgiving on Sunday. My family...I think we had about thirty people there, very modest crowd.
It was great, delicious food, good spirits. I am in the holiday mood now.

Pam Hillman said...

Most of my family live close by, so we’ve never had to travel for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I don’t know what my mother-in-law is going to do when/if the first of the grandkids marries and moves away!

We live in rural Mississippi and it’s not unusual for the weather to be in the high 80’s on Thanksgiving. Since we all live so close by, here is a list of the modes of transportation that can be found hitched and/or parked at my mother-in-law’s house on Thanksgiving day: John Deere tractors, Ford tractors, 4-wheelers of all kinds, horses, go-carts, and golf carts... with the occasional truck, SUV, or car thrown in the mix.

One year, my horse decided she missed her foal, slipped her bridle and went home. She’d had enough of that! Thankfully, we live on the same side of the road as my mil, and she didn’t have to cross a highway.

And last year, I videotaped my niece bringing her great-grandmother, who’s pushing 90, to my mother-in-laws on a 4-wheeler! I thought Mamaw was going to fall off the thing because she was laughing so hard.

And there was the time dh put Mamaw on the trampoline…lol

Ah, the memories….

The Imaginary Blog said...

Maybe Jodi's preparing to be an opera singer!

I'll be with friends this Thanksgiving in a huge gathering before they move--to Alaska! I'll sure miss them.

Of course, this is all "DOW"--Depending On Weather. That's important up here, where we often have a Thanksgiving blizzard.

Maybe I should invest in some turkey TV dinners just in case!?!?

JanetS