Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New Beginnings in an Old-Fashioned Town

Beth Quinn is struggling to find a place to belong in the Old Order Mennonite Community of Sommerfeld, Kansas. When she starts a business designing stained glass windows, two men - one a Mennonite, the other not - begin to vie for her attention. Andrew Braun, a member of the Sommerfeld fellowship, is dedicated to family and faith. Sean McCauley, the son of a successful businessman, may only be interested in Beth's talents. Will Beth look to her heavenly Father to fill the emptiness within, or will her desperate quest for love shatter more than one heart?


Beginnings is an excellent book about a courageous Christian woman who lays it all on the line in hopes of following God's plan for her life. All things work together for the good of those who love Him. I simply loved this book and couldn't lay it down once I started reading it.
~ Lori Plach for Reader Views

Beginnings is releasing from award-winning author Kim Vogel Sawyer in October 2007 as book 2 in the Sommerfeld Triology. Book 3 - Blessings - will be available in February 2008 and Bygones is available now.

3 comments:

Vickie McDonough said...

I really enjoyed Kim's Bygones and am looking forward to reading the sequel.

NancyMehl said...

Kansas is full of wonderful writers! When I was reviewing books, it was my privilege to review one of Kim's books. I have also reviewed books by Deb Raney, Judith Miller, and Joyce Livingston. I am honored to even live in the same state as these talented ladies. Hope some of their talent rubs off on me!

Kim is an incredible author. I am thrilled to see her doing so well.

Mary Connealy said...

Thanks for posting profiles of Barbour books on this site. I love that.
Kim was so sweet at the ACFW Conference.

I think Barbour authors were up there as much or more than anyone.