Friday, July 20, 2007

Blessed to be at Barbour

Have I mentioned how much I love my job and working for Barbour Publishing? I changed jobs several times and worked for six different companies before coming to Barbour, and being here is by far the best work experience I have had. Besides loving the work that I do and the mission of our company, I love the people I work with. It is a joy to be able to call so many of my coworkers my good friends.

Just last Friday I was reminded in a big way how blessed I am to be here when I walked into the Barbour CafĂ© (our big conference room area) to find a surprise baby shower waiting for me. What fun I had eating homemade goodies and drinking root beer floats (root beer is my constant craving) while opening many great gifts from my generous coworkers! Kelly took some pictures on Annie’s camera, so I’ll have to add one to this post next week so you can see all the fun. :)

With only three weeks to go until my due date, I am wrapping up all I can here in the office to go on maternity leave. Baby Simmons could arrive any time now (!!), and I’d like to leave as little work as possible for my coworkers to have to do in the six weeks I’ll be off. Some of you have asked about acquisitions while I’m out, but I don’t need to decide on any new contracts until after I get back. Right now I am booked well ahead on my schedule and have my Heartsong slots filled through all fifty-two books in 2008 and even some into 2009.

For those of you wanting to submit proposals, I’ll post my updated list of available states below. Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

Joanne I can't believe it's so soon that your baby will be born. You'll be in my prayers.
Babies are lots of work but you're just not going to believe the love.
God bless you.

Crystal Laine said...

Praying for a wonderfully safe delivery for mom, dad and baby! Love babies! (We had four...)

A wise woman once said that having babies is like opening presents at Christmas--you're so happy with what you got, you forget what you asked for. (Or something like that!)

I enjoy reading this blog and thank you all for taking time to post these thoughts.
God bless you during this special time.

Jennifer Johnson said...

I'm so excited for you, JoAnne. You'll be a great mom. Enjoy! :D