Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hot Off the Press!


A truck arrived at our warehouse yesterday with pallets full of a new book by Wanda E. Brunstetter. This book kicks off an eagerly awaited new trilogy set near here in the Holmes County Amish country.

Grace is the oldest sister in the Hostettler family. Having put her rumschpringe (running around years) behind her, she has returned to Holmes County, joined the Amish church, and begun a new life. For the past four years, everything has been going fairly well, until the day she sees an English man who knows enough of her past to jeopardize her future. Will Gary Walker’s passion for Grace destroy more than one life? Amish man Cleon Schrock is planning to marry Grace, but ignorant of her past. Will love and faith triumph over shame and deception in Holmes County?

A Sister’s Secret is technically a July release, but you should be able to start buying it from many retailers in May. It has been a CBD bestseller for a couple weeks — even though the book has yet to release.

Ohio is eagerly anticipating Wanda’s visit to the area for numerous book signings. Maybe you are close enough to attend one. She’ll also be able to sign her newly-released cookbook.

  • May 16 --- 9:30-11:30 a.m. --- Senior & Community Center, 170 Park St., Millersburg, OH
  • May 16 --- 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. --- The Bookery, 2300 West 4th Street, Mansfield, OH
  • May 17 --- 10:00 - 12:00 noon --- Lehman's Hardware, 5358 Kidron Rd, Kidron, OH
  • May 17 --- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. --- Der Dutchman Restaurant, Walnut Creek, OH
  • May 18 --- 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. --- Gospel Bookstore, 4925 West Main St, Berlin, OH
  • May 18 --- 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. --- Gospel Shop, 112 E. Main St., Sugarcreek, OH
  • May 19 --- 10:00 - 12:00 noon --- Life Change Discount Christian Books, 147 Fair Ave, New Philadelphia, OH
  • May 19 --- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. --- Walden Books New Towne Mall, 400 Mill Ave. SE, New Philadelphia OH
  • May 23 --- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. --- The Shepherd's Nook, 316 McMhan Blvd., Marion, OH
  • May 24 --- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. --- Dayspring Christian Bookstore, 140 W High Ave., New Philadelphia, OH

You can see all types of people at a Brunstetter book signing — Grandmas and teens, Amish and Mennonite, pastors and tattooed biker types. No kidding! I observed a generously tattooed man at one of Wanda’s signings. His skin art may have barred some from seeing his obviously gentle heart that shone as he and his wife shared with Wanda about how they enjoy her books. Don’t quote me, but I think they first discovered the books in a truck stop.

Have you ever met a fan of Christian romance who doesn’t fit the typical target audience of middle-aged women?

3 comments:

Lynette Sowell said...

I've got to say, Barbour keeps knocking it out of the park with those beautiful covers. Absolutely wonderful.

The first guy to show up at my first book signing was a big, burly guy with a bandana wrapped on his head. Okay, so he was buying books for his wife, but he wasn't ashamed to be seen at the table. :)

Kristy Dykes said...

Oh, man, that book's a grabber! Congrats, Wanda, and congrats, Barbour!

Unconventional readers of romance? Just the other day, I was talking to my minister brother, and he told me this: a famous missionary was visiting my bro and wife in their home, and he saw my books. My bro gave him some copies. He said, "You know, I've taken up a new hobby. I LOVE to read romance novels!" He went on to say he'd read Nicholas Sparks's The Wedding, and lots of others. I thought that "disclosure" was interesting and fantastic!

Mary Connealy said...

I just got my copies of Golden Days and am mailing them out to reviewers and influencers. So, I had several in my car and was driving through the bank (small bank, small town, and those ladies have been GREAT to me, posting book signing events in their window, etc.)
So the lady who came to the window asked me when my next book was coming out and I said, "Here, have one." and put it in the little drawer. She was so nice about it. So is the staff at the bank considered 'unconventional'?
Maybe not, but 'depositing' a book might count.
Mary