Tuesday, February 13, 2007

That Wild, Wild West

If you haven't yet met the sweet, funny person that is Mary Connealy, you'll still enjoy getting to know her through her first published novel -- Petticoat Ranch.

Sophie Edwards is doing just fine alone, until a man walks into her life, insisting on rescuing her and her four daughters. Can she find a way to love this headstrong stranger? Clay McClellan faces intense danger as he tangles with five independent frontier women. Can he keep them alive long enough to win their hearts?


Petticoat Ranch
is a well-written, humorous romance story. Connealy’s characters are true to life. Several times I chuckled as I pictured the scenes that she painted: the squabbles and whines of little girls trying to get their way; the beleaguered, confused expressions of Clay as he attempts to convince his new wife to stay in the house and “do women’s work”; and the often frustrated antics of Sophie as she tries to protect her family.

Whether you are young or old, sit down, prop your feet up, and get to know the McClellen family. I am sure you will enjoy it. – Victoria H. Borgman, Christian Book Previews.com

Mary Connealy’s sense of humor and superb writing adds a special flair to this story. As a reader, you’ll laugh at their antics. As a writer, you’ll marvel at the author’s skill. - Reviewed by Eileen Key for The Road to Romance

This story starts out with a bang...as in non-stop action. . . .
Connealy is very witty and her caveman humor is to-die-for funny! . . .
Tender and sweet, tough and calculating, adventurous and passionate...this story has it all. It's now at the top of my list of favorite historical westerns. It's the best one I've ever read, bar none. - Michele at Edgy Inspirational Author

I enjoyed reading about this period in time. The author really brought the characters to life and made me feel as if I was really there. I would definitely recommend this book. - Reviewed by Lynn Worley at CB Reviews

Barbour Publishing has done it again by bringing the talents of Mary Connealy to the forefront with her wit, crisp work, and believable characters. Sit back and enjoy the half-cocked banter that knits Sophie and Clay into a full-fledged family. Petticoat Ranch is a wonderfully crafted love story that drives a gentle message of forgiveness you’re sure to find well worth the time. Reviewed by Cindy Sproles, Mountain Breeze Ministries for Novel Reviews


Armchair Interviews says: If you are looking for strong women in tough circumstances, this book is for you.

First 5 to comment will get a free copy!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Can't wait to find this book on the bookshelves and read it. I recommend all of Barbour books to my friends who are looking for clean, good books. This a book I am anxious to read looks like something I can sink my teeth in.

Kristy Dykes said...

Yes, Mary Conneally is so sweet. And so funny! I look forward to reading Petticoat Ranch. Love the title and the storyline.

Becky said...

Oh, Kathy, please tell me exactly who you are so I can mail you a book.
Thanks
Becky

Mary Connealy said...

Don't count me as one of the five. Wow, thanks for making a post about me. I'm humbled. I'm home today from work, snow day.
Uh...this whole Global Warming thing...I'm just confused about the chest deep snow is all.
I hope you all enjoy the book.
Mary Connealy

Tamara Cooper said...

Mary Connealy is one of the funniest writers I know. You will love Petticoat Ranch. I understand there is a sequel coming out and I can't wait to get it.

Anonymous said...

Me, me, send one to me. Mary is a hoot and that means her writing must be too.

Janelle

Sandra said...

I haven't met Mary yet, but I feel like I know her from our Heartsong Presents Mysteries group. I can't wait to read her book. I've heard rave reviews from everyone who's read it.

Sandra Robbins

Becky said...

Congrats to Kathy, Kristy, Tamara, Janelle, and Sandra. Send me your full names and addresses so I get them right. (rgermany @barbourbooks.com) The first printing is sold out, so it may be a couple weeks until your copies arrive. ENJOY!

wendy said...

This book was fantastic. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. Except I have had to fight my roommates for it; which is a little ironic because one is my sister. :)

eileen said...

I think this book would make the CUTEST movie! I keep telling people that...just wish I could find the right connections to do so!

Erica Vetsch said...

It was my privilege to meet Mary this past weekend. She couldn't have been sweeter. And I'm 75 pages into Petticoat Ranch and already wondering when the sequel will come out.

Missy T said...

Wow, those are great reviews, Mary!! I have the book right beside me. If I could just get done with my work and have a little reading time, I know I'd enjoy it. If it's half as fun as Mary is, I'm sure it'll be great! :)

Missy

Pam Hillman said...

Petticoat Ranch is hilarious! Lovin' it, Mary!

Also, I hope it's okay to let you guys know that Petticoat Ranch is the March pick of the month for the ACFW Book Club. We'll be reading and discussing the book in March and then chatting online with Mary Connealy on April 2nd.

To join the club (it's free!), send a blank email to acfwbookclub-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Yee doggie!